Wednesday, November 9, 2016

....and this is why it is all worth it!

A couple of days ago I received the nicest letter from a young lady who is now competing aside...so instead of me trying to interpret what she said... here is her letter to me:

Hello Julie! I've been following your blog for ages. You were one of my inspirations for actually going out and trying sidesaddle, instead of just mooning over it on facebook and blogs. THANK YOU for that! I absolutely love it, and am an active participant in the community. 

I'm an eventer in Lexington, KY, with a little AQHA mare named Pixie. This fall, with our very supportive trainer, we made our showing debut. I did a horse trial (Starter), my first show, all aside! We placed fourth out of 8 (33.4%, and two double clears) and best of all, everyone was super supportive, even though they'd never seen an aside rider anywhere but tv.

I'm so grateful that you put your own adventure on the web for me to find. I hope it inspires others! Good luck in your own adventures.

Thank you,
Samantha Peterson 


Here are a few pictures Samantha sent me of she and Pixie:






Wow Wow WOW!!!!  Look at them go!!  I cannot tell you how you made my day Samantha by taking the time to share this with me.  I am so impressed with your accomplishments and can't wait to hear more from you.  God Bless you and your adorable Pixie!!

No comments: